Ben is the founder and a co-owner of Decker Griffel, LLC. Ben was born and raised in Phoenix, AZ. However, New Mexico proved more enchanting, so Ben moved here in 2008. For the last fourteen years Ben’s legal practice has focused on civil litigation and jury trials as well as social security disability hearings and appeals. Ben’s practice is nevertheless diverse, and he routinely represents individuals and business in many types of legal matters including: consumer protection (plaintiff and defense); business transactions (plaintiff and defense); personal injury; and social security disability. In his free time, Ben enjoys mountain biking, skiing, golf, and spending time with his wife, daughter, and dogs. Ben also enjoys dad jokes and helping his daughter sell girl scout cookies.
Admitted to Practice
- New Mexico state courts
- United States District Court for the District of New Mexico
- United States Court of Appeals Tenth Circuit
- Arizona state courts (inactive)
- Montana state courts (inactive)
Professional Activities and Associations
- National Organization of Social Security Claimant’s Representatives
Educational Background and Awards
Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law – Doctor of Law (J.D.) 2008
- Member of The Penn State Environmental Law Review
- Trial Moot Court
Northern Arizona University – Bachelor of Science (B.S.) 2005
- Major: American Political Studies | Minor: Economics
- Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity, Community Service Chair
- Phi Alpha Delta Pre- Law Fraternity, Vice President
- Gabaldon Award Scholar, 2005 Recipient
- AmeriCorps Education Award, 2004 and 2005 Recipient
We Can Help You at Any Stage of Your Case
Get Started Today
Please call us at (505) 227-8477 to get started.
You can reach us online even faster by filling out our intake form online and booking an appointment for the date and time of your choosing using our online calendar utility.
Complete Online Intake